Three-Row SUV Performance Peaks in the 2017 Acura MDX
The 2017 Acura MDX feels alive with energy when you fire up the engine, delivering confident, purposeful performance despite three rows of seating and cavernous dimensions. Acura re-sculpted and revised the exterior, added a sophisticated all-wheel drive (AWD) system, and replaced the previous transmission with an all-new 9-speed automatic. Both inside and out, the 2017 Acura MDX has been meticulously refined for exceptional performance, and that’s just what it provides.
Each 2017 Acura MDX draws up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque from a 3.5L V6 engine. Specs such as these elevate the Acura MDX to the front of the three-row SUV segment, but they only provide a fleeting impression of just what makes the vehicle perform so peerlessly.
Here are just a few of the V6’s features that make that happen:
- Intelligent Variable Timing and Lift Control (i-VTEC): Advances valve timing relative to current rpms.
- Direct Gas Injection: Injects fuel into each individual cylinder for a perfect air-fuel mixture, allowing for a higher compression ratio without engine knocking.
- Drive-by-Wire Throttle System: Intelligently and automatically varies throttle sensitivity to deliver impressive response according to changing road conditions.
The V6 powerhouse of the new Acura MDX ably showcases a blend of brains and brawn that defines its place in the segment, and the vehicle is just as exacting when it comes to efficiency.
The Acura MDX has been lightened by 275 pounds from the previous design, making it one of the class’s lightest entries with one of the most enviable power-to-weight ratios. Further upgrades include:
- 20% lower rolling resistance with the vehicle’s 18-inch or 20-inch tires
- 16% greater aerodynamic efficiency
The Acura MDX has also been fitted with an Idle-Stop feature to turn off the engine at standstill, and the latest iteration showcases an all-new 9-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters. Grade Logic Control holds at a higher rpm while going uphill or downhill, and an Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) allows you to shift between Normal, Economy, and Sport modes.
As you might expect, the new Acura MDX delivers outstanding efficiency ratings:
- Up to 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway* with 2WD and Idle Stop
- Up to 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway* with SH-AWD and Idle Stop
The 2017 Acura MDX complements colossal power with groundbreaking capability through the hydraulically controlled Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system.
Designed to enhance performance when conditions are favorable and then ensure peace of mind when Nashville and Knoxville roads turn wet or frosty, SH-AWD seamlessly shifts power for optimal distribution across the wheels based on a thorough yet immediate analysis of driving dynamics.
The 2017 Acura MDX Represents the Pinnacle of Three-Row SUV Performance
From the tires to the transmission, every part of the latest Acura MDX has been crafted to deliver exceptional performance, efficiency, and capability. It you’d like to experience it for yourself, all you need to do is visit Acura of Chattanooga.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.