2017 Acura MDX Safety Ratings & Features
The 2017 Acura MDX stands apart from other crossovers not only for its ability to seat a lot of passengers and keep them entertained, but also for its suite of top safety features and advanced engineering. Exceptional equipment and impressive design are the reason the MDX has received top safety scores from the IIHS and NHTSA, making it one of the most respected vehicles on the road today. Take the trip from Nashville to check out the 2017 Acura MDX at Acura of Chattanooga and prepare to be impressed with what this SUV has to offer your Knoxville commute.
The 2017 Acura MDX has been built for safety every step of the way. This all begins with its ACE Body Structure, and front and rear crumple zones, which utilize Acura’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering body construction to help mitigate the impact caused by frontal crashes. On top of that, each Acura MDX comes equipped with important safety features like stability control, traction control, antilock disc brakes, front-seat side airbags, side curtain airbags, driver knee airbags, and head restraints for front seat passengers. On top of that, every model gets a standard rearview camera and the option to upgrade to all-wheel drive for increased traction on slippery surfaces.
In addition to these essential safety features, each Acura MDX model also comes equipped with a extensive list of premium safety technologies as part of the AcuraWatch system that uses warnings, cameras, and sensors to help warn against potential collisions and act to mitigate impending collisions:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Road Departure Mitigation System
Drivers can also add optional features like Blind Spot Information, Surround View Camera, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, and more.
Thanks to these safety features and systems working together, the Acura MDX has earned top safety scores from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) as well as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- IIHS: The IIHS gave the 2017 Acura MDX its top overall safety rating of Top Safety Pick+ for the 2017 award year, including its top score of “Good” in the small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraints & seat tests. For front crash prevention, the MDX got a top score of “Superior” when equipped with optional front crash protection.
- NHTSA: In government crash safety tests from the NHTSA, the 2017 Acura MDX received the top overall safety rating of five stars, including five stars for font and side crash tests1.
Keep Everyone Safe Inside the 2017 Acura MDX
When you’re ready for an SUV that is built to keep you, your passengers, and everyone around you safer, choose the 2017 Acura MDX, on sale now at Acura of Chattanooga, located just 1.5 hours from Knoxville via I-75 South at 2131 Chapman Road in Chattanooga, TN. To learn more, contact us online or by phone at (423) 855-5454.
1Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.