What Kind of Performance Can You Expect from the 2017 Acura RDX?
The 2017 Acura RDX has set a new standard for SUV performance, with a driving experience measured in thrills and heartbeats rather than miles and minutes. Putting your foot on the gas delivers a ride that feels both sporty and composed, with the responsiveness of a smaller vehicle ensuring a precise drive across city and highway alike.
The 2017 Acura RDX comes from a line of stunning models, and it makes good on its lineage and then some by putting together one of the most cutting-edge powertrains in the segment.
- Engine: Each Acura RDX comes fitted as standard with a 3.5L i-VTEC V6 capable of producing up to 279 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque. Variable Cylinder Management (VCM II) combines with low-friction technology for fantastic fuel economy.
- Transmission: Your V6’s awesome output is expertly refined through a sophisticated 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters, which lets you choose between manual and automatic shifts.
All told, you can expect efficiency ratings of:
- Up to 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway with 2WD*
- Up to 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with AWD*
It’s easy to see why the new RDX is a great vehicle for those drives between Nashville and Knoxville, and even far beyond.
Acura’s reputation for engaging performance looms large across the automotive industry, and the latest Acura RDX could be a poster boy for that reputation. State-of-the-art driving dynamics reach beyond engine and transmission, with further performance features including:
- Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPS): Intelligently varies power assist based around your current speed.
- Front Strut and Rear Multi-Link Suspension: Smooth and controlled, the Acura RDX’s suspension system uses Amplitude Reactive Dampers and anti-squat geometry for improved stability.
Stability is further enhanced by a low center of gravity and a long 105.7-inch wheelbase, and the available AWD system can help the Acura RDX remain sure-footed and responsive regardless of current road conditions.
Maximizing traction while minimizing system-wide friction and power loss, Acura’s top-of-the-line AWD system improves both performance and efficiency. During everyday cruising, the vehicle operates solely in FWD for maximum fuel economy. When front wheel slip is detected or greater acceleration required, 40% of engine torque is transferred to the rear wheels. When the road below is slick or slippery, torque will be distributed intelligently, even reaching a 50/50-split between the front and rear wheels.
The 2017 Acura RDX Handles With Grace and Power
If you’re looking for a crossover that blends exhilarating performance with leading efficiency scores, you need to take a test drive in the 2017 Acura RDX. To arrange your ride, or for any further information, simply pick up the phone and contact Acura of Chattanooga. Alternatively, feel free to visit our showroom—we’re only a short drive away from Nashville and Knoxville.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.