Peace of Mind Comes Standard With the 2017 Acura TLX
The 2017 Acura TLX might be famed for its revolutionary powertrain and heart-pumping performance, but it’s also one of the safest vehicles on the road. Bringing sports sedan safety to a whole new level, the Acura TLX delivers exceptional protection amenities as standard while offering world-class driver assistance technology, and industry crash-tests have demonstrated its faultless design.
5-Star Overall Safety Rating*
The NHTSA is responsible for putting each new car to enter the American market through its paces to ensure first-rate protection in the event of a collision. Crash-test simulations assess front-crash, side-crash, and rollover productivity, and the 2017 Acura TLX passed with flying colors, scoring a 5-star overall safety rating* in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations.
Such ratings owe much to the celebrated next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, which employs a network of connected structural elements and braces to ensure that collision energy is directed away from the passenger compartment. At the same time, dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS), side curtain airbags, driver’s knee airbag, and available front seat belt e-pretensioner system will help cushion you and your passengers from harm.
As impressive as the Acura TLX’s resilience to damage is, you’re unlikely to ever have to put its robustness to the test. Even standard models are fitted with a diverse array of active safety systems designed to help you maintain control and avoid entering a dangerous situation.
As standard, each model fits:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Hill Start Assist
Also included as standard is a Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines to ensure confident reversing in the more crowded or confined areas of Nashville and Knoxville.
For enhanced peace of mind, the 2017 Acura TLX provides the opportunity to add several high-end driver assistance technologies, including:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow: Measures the speed of the vehicle ahead, then adjusts your own cruising speed to compensate.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Should a collision become imminent, the brakes will be automatically applied to prevent an accident or lessen its impact
- Road Departure Mitigation System: Provides audible and visual warnings if you begin to veer off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: Provides audible and visual warnings if you start to stray from your chosen lane without signaling, then applies gentle corrective steering pressure to re-center your Acura TLX.
- Blind Spot Information System: Provides a visual signal on your windshield pillar if a vehicle enters your blind spot, then delivers a warning if you activate your turn signal in that direction.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor: Corner-mounted sensors detect vehicles approaching from either side while you’re reversing.
Safety Proves Superior in the 2017 Acura TLX
For a vehicle boasting such an exhilarating ride, the Acura TLX is astoundingly well-covered in terms of safety technology and engineering, and it has the 5-star overall safety rating* to prove it. If you’d like to find out more, just contact Acura of Chatanooga today.
* Government star ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment program (www.safercar.gov). Models tested with standard side-impact airbags (SABs).